Anyone else setting eggs?

Good luck!!!
I set 50 Silkie eggs a week ago.
(And this after I told myself that I was NOT gonna hatch over the winter!)
I'm weak.

big_smile.png

I love silkies. I would like to find a few to use as broody hens. I sold my white rocks and said I was not going to get anymore chickens. I have built 6 pens, 24 duck eggs in the bator, 50 chicks ordered for spring and a friend is giving me some turkey eggs. LOL..

I just put my incubator away 1 and a half weeks ago. Hatched out 23 chicks and sold 6 of which the rest are in my basement since it is cold here in Canada.

Said that was it until the new year......but.....I bought a new rooster and the lady happened to have eggs.
barnie.gif
I ask her if she had eggs for sale......and then I said NOPE.....I am going to be a good girl and slap my hand and say NO to eggs and stopped the deal.
wee.gif
yeah......me!

I said no and then about 10 minutes later....the lady phoned me back... she had thought about it and wanted some eggsfrom my Welsummers. So guess what......my incubator is on tonight.....getting warmed up for tomorrow. Because I am setting .....32 eggs.
jumpy.gif

5 marans....1 welsummer.....4 olive eggers.....and the rest.....EE/Ameraucana. Soooooooo count me in.

here is a pic of the eggs I will be putting in my incubator tomorrow morning. I really am excited about the 5 Maran eggs 1 Welsummer and the 6 Olive eggs....the rest are EE/Ameraucana eggs. I will be keeping pullets from this bunch since they will be all none related to my birds.

I thinking all the way to where I had to go to meet her so I could pick up the rooster that I would just trade eggs to be polite since she was after some Welsummer eggs that I had. Then she opened the cartons.....oh....oh
ep.gif
.....I was in trouble......eye candy appeared.....lol

When I seen the olive eggs and the marans......it was game over...I was back to incubation eggs even though I said no incubator was to be out over the Christmas season. I really hope I get lots of pullets out of this bunch of eggs.

One of my hens went broody last night, and she settled down in her new hutch after I moved her (so she could have some peace and quiet!) and set some eggs under her.
I'll be able to point out which chickens started incubating when the world was supposed to end! xD

Back
Top Bottom