Anyone else waiting for the"post office" call

Quote:
Same here! Shipped yesterday from Meyer. Not here yet! I'm only in PA! Not only are they not here, they are not even at the Reading distribution center yet.

I asked if I could drive to Reading to pick them up when they get there, but the guy said "No pickups at Reading" AAAAAGH!

I want my babies! Urgh.

And on top of that, the 2 year old has been thowing up all day and the 4 year old freaked out and cried hysterically all morning at Kindergarten orientation.

It's gonna be a tough day.

Quote:
Keep pestering them too. They guy went from "Won't get them til tomorrow" on my first call this morning. To "Should I call you this evening if they get here on a late truck?"

I have called 6 times today so far. Keep pestering the PO.

Nothing today.........ahhh I guess tomorow will be the day. Ok I am calling them again.

Last edited:
Oh, I am dreading the last couple days before delivery now! I probably won't be able to sleep Sunday night. And I already plan to have the phone next to my head. I have put off setting up the brooder, will do that Sunday, or else I will be pacing like a nervous mother hen!

nononono, don't say that! Sigh, guess I will do it Saturday, cuz they will be shipped out then. So I will spend Sunday pacing....

I GOT THE CALL!!!
Went to pick them up & the guy at the counter says he didn't have them. I said Yes you do, somebody called. He said not here, must be at Southpark Station (other post office on other side of town).
I said No, they ALWAYS come here first. This is the main post office, right?!

He said go down the hall first door on the left & talk to the lady in there.

So I did, & she said, Did that dope at the counter tell you they weren't here? because I just walked past a cheeping box!!!
She called somebody in the back & they brought them out to me.
Whew! got them home; all are safe & sound, running around cheeping & eating. And I'm back at work wishing I were home watching them! they are so cute & talkative!!

Meyer hatchery did an excellent job packing them & they look like really nice chicks!

Back
Top Bottom