Anyone else waiting for the"post office" call

I live in a real rual area. Everyone knows everyone so it's great that the postoffice is like an old merchantile if you know what I mean. I stopped down yesterday and told her to call me when they got there. She said "no problem". "At home or your cell phone" was her ?? lol. "Then she said if you aren't home I will take them to your cousins house so she can give them water." I love my itty bitty town.

Luckily, I'm waiting for eggs this time
big_smile.png

So not as big a deal when they don't call, then leave the package on the porch...

When it was chicks they didn't call, but they had sense enough to take the chicks back to the PO.

I know what you mean about rural carriers; I lived in a rural part of N GA for years. But where we are now is more suburban. And our PO carrier part of the time is a nitwit. The lady is good, but the guy gives us neighbor-mail all the time.

Last edited:
post office called me yesterday and said chicks were here and she said do you want to pick them up or me to bring them. i told her if she wanted to bring them to me that would be fine. She told me i had to put my chesapeak bay dogs up. I said no problem. that was at 8.00 so i waited and waited and waited i was getting worried now,I get ready to call 6 hours later she pulls up in the yard . she told me that they were setting at the post office all day.I just kept my mouth shut and got the chicks water and food. All 45 made it ok so far.I will always pick my chicks up from now on.

The ladies at my post office are chicken lovers. They wanted to know what I ordered, how many, what I already have, and then told me my EE's would make the best mommies. They asked how early they could call. The boss lady said she would call first thing Monday morning. She said they get chicks pretty regularly, and they call fairly early. She also knew when the hatchery ships out the chicks and what day they arrive. I was very impressed with her, and very happy. But if they don't call on Monday.....
barnie.gif

Well mine are somewhere between Ohio (Meyer hatchery) and Louisiana--I know they shipped yesterday but our post office hasn't seen them yet so guess it'll be tomorrow. Rats!!! I am SO ready to get those babies!!!

I live across the street from the PO. The mail truck usually arrives around 6:30-7:00 am. I'll be watching out the window in anticipation for my chicks next week.

Waiting for them to ship tomorrow and they should be here by Friday...
Tough to wait the last few days...
Thanks for all who share their post office stories. It helps to know that I should pick them up, not wait for them to cart them here.
caf.gif

Waiting...
Jen

Back
Top Bottom