Anyone else waiting for the"post office" call

Quote:
Me neither, but when they weren't here by noon, I called Meyer back and requested one. Give them a call in the AM, they should have one for you.

I got the call this morning at 10 am:) 8 Buff Orp pullet chicks and 2 Rhode Island Red roo chicks that are about two days old, have to call and ask how young they are yet. One roo and one buffy girl had pasty butts and it took forever to get that off w/water, wet rag & cooking oil. Wore the poor boy out, he was warming in my hand under the heat lamp and when I put him down, he laid out FLAT and scared the poop out of my or jump started my heart at the same time!!! He was up and okay 4 hours later when I finally came back to work:) I still don't know if that big ole RIR he/she in my coop is a boy or girl...I wondered if I should just get all 10 chicks BO girls but decided to try 2 chicky RIR boys. So far only one cat was interested (my youngest daughter's cat). The weimaraners and goldens were far more interested than the cats! And the nesting geese were honking their heads off hearing those little peeps as I rushed past their nest...

Tomorrow morning in around 5:30 am I should get the call from the PO for my 20 ducklings, gosling and 4 buff orp cockerels from Ideal. And then I have to wait some more on the adult birds I have being shipped as well.

when mine came in the ladies at the PO were peeking in the box and just excited. I think it brings a little excitement to their day. I live in a real small town.

Quote:
That's like our post office here! They all pretty much know me after years of picking up chicks! They call soon as they hear cheeping. Couple times they jumped the gun and called me for someone else's chicks lol!

im waitinga too!!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
.. but then again...
barnie.gif
he.gif
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom