Hatchery chick with two different sizes wings?

Maybe there was a mutation or a problem with the eggs? That makes me wonder if I should order my geese from Meyer. I was thinking about it since it is closer, but maybe I should consider somewhere else! Is it acting different from the normal chicks?

Maybe there was a mutation or a problem with the eggs? That makes me wonder if I should order my geese from Meyer. I was thinking about it since it is closer, but maybe I should consider somewhere else! Is it acting different from the normal chicks?
No. It was stressed considerably from shipping but it seems to have pulled through. It took 6/7 days post delivery for me to stop experiencing deaths though. I wouldn't take that into consideration if your planning on ordering from them IF you are closer to them then I am. They are in Ohio I believe very northern Ohio and I am in southern middle Tennessee slightly east. I think the delivery time and length with the cold weather stresses them quite a bit. I lost 15 of 47

But other then that no it seems fine. I'm kind of wondering what it will mature out to looking at some other people's chicks with the same issue. The one in the link someone provided above is very bizarre it literally looks like two halves of different chickens were splices together!

No. It was stressed considerably from shipping but it seems to have pulled through. It took 6/7 days post delivery for me to stop experiencing deaths though. I wouldn't take that into consideration if your planning on ordering from them IF you are closer to them then I am. They are in Ohio I believe very northern Ohio and I am in southern middle Tennessee slightly east. I think the delivery time and length with the cold weather stresses them quite a bit. I lost 15 of 47
Yeah, I was considering it because I live real close. We ordered our chicks first from Mcmurray Hatchery in North Carolina. They came through and zero died! I was so amazed!

Back
Top Bottom