anyone else waiting on a hatch this week?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickabator, Apr 18, 2008.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    today is day 18 on my ameraucana eggs. I bought them on ebay so keep your:fl!! I hope they do better than my last hatch. Out of 18 delaware eggs only 4 hatched 7 were fully formed in shell but dead 2 were quitters and the rest were clear. then on my white rocks I set 8 eggs 2 hatched and the rest were dead in the shell fully formed. I have kept everything perfect this time I know for sure. But these are shipped eggs so I don't know.I also have red star eggs in my new Brinsea octagon 20 advance. it has auto temp and humidity I am going to candle them tomorrow to check and see how they are doing it will be day 8.

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'm not due until next Saturday. Good luck. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Skip and I just pulled out the turner from our bator. We're patiently awating 3 Red Golden Pheasant babies ([​IMG] about the "patiently"). Going to spend the weekend finishing up their pen (hopefully).

Best wishes on your hatch, chickabator! [​IMG]

Dawn

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Just started pipping today, have 2 hatched.
    Only 284 left to go!

Just set one more tray of eggs.

Jean

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    yep have 3 pips and tomorow is day 21 with silkes, frizzles and EE's. Oh yea and a couple Molted Conchins.
    [​IMG] This is so nerveracking...can't they just hatch already? [​IMG]

Here is hoping for good hatches for all of us!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    have 15 hatched so far and ducks and geese in 4 days

7. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Today is Day 18 for me. I just culled two non-starters and I have 2 moving like crazy in the shell, the other 12 are a gamble. I just got the temp/humidity set so now the waiting game.

Good luck. I'll be checking in to see how yours do to! [​IMG]

8. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    good luck to everyone! I have yet to go home as I work in a lab and my hours are crazy.....ohhh its frustrating not being able to press my face against the incubator ! [​IMG]

go chickies! go! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Same here. Let's get these little buggers moving! [​IMG]

10. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Good luck [​IMG]

Mine are due on Friday. I candled yesterday and took out 7 that were clear. I have 5 more that are questionable and will make the "final" decision on Day 18. I've got blue/black/splash orps, RIR's and blue/black and cuckoo silkies. This waiting is awful. I've cleaned the house, checked the temp and humidity, done laundry, checked the temp and humidity, gone outside and talked to the 52 I've got outside, checked the temp and humidity, been on here and ebay looking for what I want to hatch next, checked the temp and humidity, really thinking about ordering a 1588 and will probably cave before the day is over, and it will go on like this till next Friday. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by