Anyone elses goats this brave?

I have a 5yo quarter horse gelding who is an attention hog and loves getting his chin scratched. One day I was out cleaning stalls and "Drifter" had con my pygmy goat with horns to stand on the mineral tub and scratch his face. It was comical and unbelievable. As I was trying to get close enough to take a picture with my phone they quit and came over to me I was bummed cuz it would have made a GREAT picture
smile.png

I raise Nigerian Dwarf goats and they are really brave for the small size. The babies like to jump on the back of my pot belly pig and ride around. A couple of the bigger girls will jump on the back on my miniature horses ( I have two that will tolerate this) and lay there. They will also head butt the horses to get to the horse food even though they could reach their own food easier. They sure make feeding time around here harder than it has to be, but they always make me laugh.

Being a herd animal, goats need another goat to live with. Goats that butt with their heads are not being mean, that is their way of testing strength with other goats to decide who is boss and where they fit in the pecking order. Goats butt heads with each other like we shake hands. My goats have learned not to butt people, instead they wag their tails. And if you name them and talk to them they do learn what you are talking about. Goats are great fun!

My goats are jealous of each other. My older male and my older female. If one of them comes up to me to rub their heads on me the other one will start screaming and try to head butt the other. Only each other. I don't let the male cause my female is pregnant. They are hilarious. They make me laugh everyday.

when my burro was in the same pen as my goats the male would love up to her. I warned him that if I had and little burros with horns he was going to have alot of explaining to do.
ya.gif

Our boer goats have decided they do not like their enclosure anymore. They jump the fence about 10 times a day (4 1/2 no climb welded wire with 2 stands of polywire that equals to about 6ft high. We don't want them hurt so we just open the gate now. We live on a private drive in 10 acres of woods with 3 other houses and the neighbors just find it HILARIOUS when they walk out their door and 2 goats come running up to them looking for treats. they also tend to stand in the driveway and all we have to to is say "girls" in a stern voice and they run right back into their pen. They are always in their pen by 6pm and we just shut the gate for the night.

Back
Top Bottom