Anyone ever buy a flock of 5 just to get the pen?

what a great buy. check the chickens before you add them to your flock. or just enjoy the chicken dinner they weren't your pets any way and that s what chickens are for eggs and dinner.

So I go by last night, tell the lady's son (she wasn't home) that I want the chickens, I have a truck set up to move them, and I'll be by tomorrow to pay her and start prepping the pen to move.

Spent a few hours today prepping for the pen to come, scrubbing and prepping crates to move the chicks. Go over to her house, she's not home and her (adult!) kid is not answering the door. Write a long, detailed note, leave the note & crates on her front porch. I need the measurements of the pen as we're having to take a section of fence down to get it in, so I go to let myself in the backyard. Gate's locked. Hmm, I'll let myself in an unlocked yard, but I respect locks. Finally her kid comes out. "Um, my Mom said she doesn't want to sell her chickens." What!?! Like she couldn't call me and tell me she changed her mind? The time I spent on this, I could have spent finishing the paint job on my own coop. Arrgh! People!

Back
Top Bottom