Anyone ever do the master cleanse?

I do not know the effectiveness of the overall diet but I used to drink it warm every night before bed and it cleared up my face of imperfections after 3 weeks or so, this reminds me I should start again....And it's a soothing way to end the evening.

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 10 fluid ounces distilled water

Shake and drink, this is the basic formula, although I just eyed it.

I'm not going to yay or nay any of these cleansing diets. What I am going to say is to talk to your personal physician before you attempt any drastic change to your diet such as this one. It can have severe consequences to your kidneys, liver and pancreas. You need to be sure that those organs are in top shape before you put your body through what ends up being a form of torture for it. Any deprivation diet is going to stress those organs to the extreme before the benefit can be seen from the diet. If you don't have your physicians OK there is a reason for it and a deprivation diet is not for you.

Laney

Ugh, I have enough bowel problems, I do not need to encourage my body to do more!

But, it does not sound much different than the mollasses flush we give to chickens for botulism, thats all sugar too.
big_smile.png

Quote:
There you go! (pun intended) Who needs that extra sugar with the maple syrup anyway!

you rang?

did someone say maple?

you should have seen.... the color... after the... nevermind...
sickbyc.gif

I am an RN working in GI specialty. I can say that clearing out your digestive system once or twice a year can be helpful for SOME people....BUT.....Going 10 days only drinking lemonade, maple syrup and water is not healthy at all.

I understand your trainer is trying to help you, but is your trainer a licensed medical professional? If they are, they should know that a healthy balanced diet (veg, fruits, protein and moderate carbs) in smaller and frequent portion along with proper exercise is a million times better then any "clean out". Increased green leafy veggies draw out toxins naturally and increased water intake flushes out the toxins. Of course this is over weeks, but you should not be looking at quick fixes when it comes to your health. Think lifestyle changes, not instant fixes.

If you really want a Healthy treatment go see a licensed nutritionist.

Not trying to nag you or preach just concerned about your overall well being.
smile.png

I think a better idea would be to lower intake of sugar, caffeine, and alcohol. Replace white bread and rice with brown rice and whole grains. Eat lots of leafy green veggies! Increased fiber will help "clean" you out. If you do a quick search on the internet for "master cleanse" and "health", you'll see that there are no proven health benefits to this diet, in fact, there are proven detrimental effects!

On the other hand, a diet of whole grains, steamed chicken/fish, and lots of leafy green veggies is proven to be good for you. Take that how you will.
wink.png

I have had friends get majorly sick after doing this.

Everyone always says, "my beautician recommended... my trainer recommended.... my neighbor recommended... my dog groomer recommended...."

It is never a doctor that recommends.

That says something right there.

Be very careful.

Being a Holistic Health Care Practitioner I have to say that done right it can be very helpful. I think you need to see a Holistic care provider before starting any kind of cleanse.

Back
Top Bottom