Anyone ever get sick from using pine sol?

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
My mother is laying on the couch at the moment saying she has the chills, a dry cough, burning in her lungs, and labored breathing. She was fine at lunch but that was before she decided to go hog wild with the pine sol. I just don't know if there is a link or not. I have read that animals even getting a small amount have died but she didn't ingest. I assume though some did absorb into her body since she refuses to wear cleaning gloves or open doors for ventilation. Ideas?

I am trying to convince her this is not just a super sudden onset of a really bad cold but actually something a bit more serious.

Yes and when I visit my daughter she used that stuff like it's water. I used to use it, but it burns my eyes and chest. Maybe daughter doesn't really want me to visit when she asks. Who knows.

Doesn't sound like it's horribly dangerous, but call a doctor if your mom's having trouble breathing.

Imp

Sorry can't get the link to work. I googled pine sol msds

Imp- has trouble with pdf

Said:

Eye irritant. May cause skin irritation. Avoid contact with food.
No medical conditions are known to be aggravated by exposure to this
product.
FIRST AID:
EYE CONTACT: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water. If irritation
persists, call a physician.
INGESTION: Do not induce vomiting. Promptly drink a large amount of
milk or water. Call a physician.
SKIN CONTACT: Wash skin with water. If irritation persists, call a
physician.
INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. If breathing problems develop, call

Last edited:
I always get migraines when I use chemicals like that to clean. The only thing I can really handle without a splitting headache is the PURPLE Fabuloso. Never had any of those symptoms, and I even mixed bleach with Ammonia in a carpet cleaner once.
hide.gif
hu.gif

I would watch her close though.

I'd watch her closely. I could see Pine Sol bothering your breathing and making you cough if you were sensitive to it. I don't see how it would give her chills, though. Chills usually make me think of fever. Kinda sounds like I'd watch her for influenza or pneumonia, too -- that's if she had a fever. There is a lot of very nasty cold viruses and influenza going around here in my area. Hope she feels better soon.

I use melaleuca products for my household.....includes shampoo, toothpast etc. all non toxic. May want to switch if you want more info you can contact me by pm.

I kept an eye on her. She seems better. I told her to dilute a bit more next time and open the dang door. sigh. I would home once you are past 70 you would already do these things but apparently not. She is trying to worry me to death I swear.

I run a house cleaner company!! I refuse to use the stuff, it's awful. I'm glad she's feeling better. Maybe when she's not looking you could dilute it some? Just add water to the container?

Pine-sol doesn't bother me, but just about every other cleaner does. I get a reaction from anything containing bleach, so I stay away from it. It makes me wheeze, I get light headed, tired, my eyes burn, and my nose sometimes starts bleeding.

I like a vinegar and water combo, too. Sometimes I make herbal vinegar or add essential oils for a better smell.

Back
Top Bottom