What I Learned From My Awful Experience with Avian Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the agencies in charge have said to report unusual numbers of (unexplained?) deaths.
In two years I've had one die--I think egg bound. I was treating for vent gleet and missed it. That's my theory anyway--gleet wouldn't be fatal in three days.

What is the threshold percent?

Considering that it's a somewhat polarizing topic to begin with, and then the number of posts with a political or religious leaning, I think everyone has been playing pretty darn nice.

Unless I missed something 🧐
You did, and I also wasn't trying to single you out even though I took a snippet from one of your posts. It's a slippery slope I'll agree to that. Why do people polarize?

You did, and I also wasn't trying to single you out even though I took a snippet from one of your posts. It's a slippery slope I'll agree to that. Why do people polarize?

Lots of reasons. A need to be right at all costs. A human drive to be tribal and have an “us vs them” mentality. The death of intellectual honesty on the alter of pride. To name a few.

In debates like this where there’s a mixture of political, scientific, and moral disagreements, I think a lot of the trend to polarize comes from failure to appreciate nuance. That the truth might be little bit of this and a little bit of that and lead to an answer were both sides are right about some aspects and wrong about other aspects. Each side wants to pick away at the other’s weaknesses without acknowledging the shortcomings of their own side.

I hope you weren't singling me out as I'm not one to name call or shut people down. I was just surprised you thought this thread was deteriorating, seems pretty tame to me.
I didn't, and still don't, see where you took a snippet from one of my posts.🤷‍♀️

People tend to polarize simply because they have different ideas, opinions and beliefs. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing and value everyone's thoughts and their right to express them, as well as other people's right to counter them. It's always good to view all sides of an issue whether you agree with them or not.

It would do no good to have a group of birds develop immunity--that would nullify the profits of those creating vaccines to sell. Furthermore, having a group that had developed immunity would show up the vaccinated group, health-wise, so that people became wise to the vaccine's deleterious effects.
You are absolutely right Egg Blues. Some think they are more educated than others. Good old plain logic and common sense goes a lot further than just believing what you are spoonfed by what some agencies Decide to feed you. That is not education. I try my best not to look my nose down at others from what they have to say. I learn from life experiences, from others and also from formal education. When someone expresses what they feel is right I have a choice, listen to they’re opinion and experience or just let Them have theirs and me have mine( also do my own research on what’s in question).
That what keeps BYC a friendly great site where you can come and learn from others that generously share their knowledge in a friendly manner. Thanks to all those that have helped me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom