anyone ever ordered from bluepoultry.com?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by jetamio, Nov 27, 2009.

1. jetamio

jetamio Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2009
    New Gloucester, Maine
    They breed Light Sussex, BLRW, Blue Wheaten Ameraucaunas, and Coronation Sussex. [​IMG]

I know they have had some listings on eggbid.com.

I have had some correspondence with them, which has been quite positive.

I wanted to know if anyone here has experience with them, and their chicks/chickens? [​IMG]

Thank you all very much!

2. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    those are some expensive chickies!

3. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Thats actually a decent price for Show / Breeder Quality Birds but i have never bought from them but their birds coloring looks very good.

4. jetamio

Nov 1, 2009
    New Gloucester, Maine
    Osuman, I agree...from what I can see, things look great........Just trying to do my homework......

Overeasyplz- yes they are- but as CityChook recently pointed out to me--- *** it costs the same amount to house, keep safe, feed, and clean up after hatchery stock or heritage stock.......

I am interested in the Light Sussex and the BLRW's [​IMG].....I love the BLRW's [​IMG] but I don't think I want the hatchery stock...

And the Light Sussex, are sooo gorgeous too.

So are the Coronation-but for now- out of the budget for sure.....

Has anyone bought any peeps or adults from them on eggbid.com? [​IMG]

I know they have had recent *completed* auctions there, for hatching eggs, and started pairs......

5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    that's true too. they are a show bird site, wasn't thinking..

6. jetamio

Nov 1, 2009
    New Gloucester, Maine
    Overeasyplz, Just wanted to mention [​IMG] I did not mean to sound put-off at all! I meant to put a smiley there so the internet would translate better [​IMG] ---I had never thought of it that way before she said it to me(I was thinking hatchery from the beginning)......I am not planning on breeding-anytime soon anyway --- but a big part of this for me [​IMG] is the beauty of the birds! I have always liked birds-but I am really not keen on keeping one in the house --- I have cats --- 3 -- two who hunt -- so this would be a big problem for "pet" or "parrot" type birds. So there you have it.... My long drawn out explanation. Also, I think many of the mutts out there are just as pretty, but showing-as opposed to breeding-is not something I'm ruling out just yet. [​IMG]

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Well, just looking at her ameraucanas, I wouldn't pay those prices for her birds. They are pet quality.

She is breeding with a clean faced bird, granted it happens; but take it out of the breeding pen. One of the roosters has white legs, the other yellow eyes, etc, etc.

I am not an expert on the other breeds, but I bet someone would say the same.

8. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Justin is shipping my birds Monday.................. [​IMG] He is a very nice person and great to deal with. He has gorgeous birds! His Coronations are from Green Fire Farms and they sold a pair of Coronations on eggbid for I think $1500.00 So, Justin doesn't have bad prices at all for his birds. I don't think anyway.

My pair is Coronation Split Sussex, so they will produce 25% Coronation.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
  9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  10. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Are these heritage breeds though?