Chicken Fan Club President
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts

...well now you have. :p

Aaaaaaannnddddd... I also couldn't resist buying her sweaters
1f602.png

Yes they are dog clothes. They didn't have any cat clothes.
1f622.png

I didn't think anyone could shave a cat and live to tell about it.

I do agree animals behave better for groomers. I used to groom and an owner sneaked a peak & said she couldn't believe the dog was lying so nicely on his side and letting me line brush him as he was dried by a stand dryer. Definitely groomers have a edge, the animal doesn't know them well so usually accepts their authority. Groomers also know all the"holds," and manipulations to get animals to relax and let them work. Still wouldn't try a cat for any amount of $$$.

Yeah, I shaved a few cats in my dog grooming days, I don't miss it. Most were sedated thankfully. I used to shave my own cat without sedation. He would keep dispensing mm's every few minutes.

Oh and p.s. before anyone yells at me for shaving my cat, she had several mats on her we couldn't get off so it was necessary. Besides, I didn't do it, the vet did :p We took her for her shots and her annual check up and they suggested we give her a lion cut and said their groomer could do it right then if we wanted.

And in case you were wondering, she looks like a lion but feels like a lamb. :p it feels kinda like fleece

I knew someone who shaved their longhaired cat, usually in the summer.
smile.png
Mine are all shorthairs and would probably go ballistic if I got anywhere near them with clippers...

How does your cat like the clothing (very stylish, BTW)?

I knew someone who shaved their longhaired cat, usually in the summer. :)  Mine are all shorthairs and would probably go ballistic if I got anywhere near them with clippers...

How does your cat like the clothing (very stylish, BTW)? 

Yeah, the vet actually said he shaves his cat every year haha I might have to start doing that
1f602.png
winter is kind of a bad time to shave her but she's had the mats for a little while cause we haven't been able to get them out and so we wanted her to feel better immediately and yeah.

Anyway, we used to have a short haired cat too, this is our first long hair cat, she's 6 years old, and I'm not sure I'd get another long haired cat. She doesn't really groom herself except her front and so she gets these mats then doesn't let us brush her. I'm going to start though once her fur grows back. Long hair cats are a lot of work haha

The funny thing though is she does the same thing with us, won't let us cut or clip them, but apparently she was really good for them, just a little noise.... go figure.
1f602.png

And at our other vet, he shaved one off last year right in the room during the check up and she didn't make a peep or try to run away then either.

Maybe it's just us... LOL

I think animals can tell professionals when they see them lol

And thank you very much! I thought so too :) I was trying to get something cute yet sophisticated and not tacky or stupid lol cause they have so much of the "mommy's little princess" type stuff or like tons of fake sparkle hearts and all that so I was like yeah no. I want something cute and stylish yet still dignified LOL

But I actually haven't tried it on yet because I just bought it and I'm trying to let her relax a little bit and get used to being naked hahaha I bugged her a lot earlier for the pictures.

I think I will try it on her tomorrow.

Haha she's a sweet sweet kitty. With any other cat, I would never dream of trying. I guess that's also why Petco doesn't do cats.... :lau

But she rarely if ever uses her claws, even when the dog used to chase and corner her, and mostly just runs. So even when we try to groom her, she mostly just grumbles and growls and makes a lot of noise as well as tries to run. When she can't run, she gets progressively louder and does eventually try to swipe but only to get away. We usually can hold her after that but then we usually have to let her go very soon after. So I imagine with a vet tech/groomer that knows what they are doing and can be gentle, she would behave pretty well. She's not like a lot of cats I've seen on YouTube videos where they are absolute terrors for vets and groomers. Even during the vet visit, she was just scared and didn't come out of her crate right away but then when the doctor came in she just sat there and let them weigh her, check her, give her shots, even let them put her back in the crate to take her to grooming.

Wow that's amazing! You have a good point, I never thought of that. Plus I think they might also be a little scared and somewhat put in their place type thing whereas at home they wouldn't be afraid to try any nonsense.

LOL yeah I probably wouldn't either..

It was funny, she went to grooming to ask if they could do it and came back and said it's just so and so there but she said if she had someone to hold her they probably could. So our vet tech went and helped her apparently and yeah. I think it was probably easier with someone holding her

Haha I bet! Amazingly enough I don't think they even sedated her and we also had never been to this vet before so everything was all new. Ours apparently let them shave her but she won't let me ha sorry but I figure out what mm's are? Mad meows? :D

Back
Top Bottom