Anyone ever try the dry hatch method before?

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

ditto

Quote:
So, You are saying that you are having lots of luck dry-incubating your QUAIL eggs?

Like I said, I am still experimenting with my quail, this is the biggest batch I have tried. I have had 14 hatch so far and they are still trying to hatch, I think. One thing I would have changed about this hatch is that I would have hatched them in cartons. At the time of lockdown, I didn't even think about it. Then I saw the hatching chicks kicking around the pipping eggs like footballs, and they actually were able to disturb one that was half-zipped so much it died. I took it out of it's shell and it had absorbed its yolk, and the membrane wasn't stuck to it, so that's the only thing I can figure. I don't know why I didn't use cartons...I always use them with my chicken eggs. Anyway, 14 out and doing great and maybe a couple of more pips. I think I will take a look at the insides of the remaining eggs after I shut down the bator to clean it. Just to see how far most of them developed.

I'm going to be tryin to hatch my first eggs this coming week sometime and I'm very nervous about it. I really don't want anything to go wrong. Hatching eggs seems soooooo complicated. But dry incubation sounds so easy.

So lets see if I've got this right:
1. Put eggs in incubator
2. Turn it on to (?) temp
3. Leave it alone
4. Day 18 add a little water
5. Day 21=chicks

@KDailey

turn the incubator on for several days first, to make sure the temp is set correctly, so to avoid temp fluctuations during incubation, then put the eggs in.

wee.gif

I'm tryin to decide on an incubator and need to know asap about how it will affect the dry incubation process if I'm opening/closing it all the time to turn.

This is very interesting,I have my second batch in my hova bator(40 eggs),my first hatch was in a borrowed one and no egg turner,only got four out of 28 eggs hatch.I am done hatching for the year now when I start again in the spring I am going to try the dry hatch,sounds so much easier.

Do you use a fan for circulation? do you use a different kind of light?
I read something about a wet Bulb, not sure what that is.

I have never used a dry incubator but you guys have got me curious now.

Can you use any kind of incubator? I have two homemade ones, I have a computer fan in them, a 40 watt regular light, and I add a bowl of water with a sponge, also a thermastat to regulate the control of the light/heat... Come lockdown I have to add two sometimes three bowls.

I am hatching chicken eggs, is there anything different from what I use now from what you are discribing for a dry incubator.

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!

Back
Top Bottom