Anyone ever use Stalosan F

bayareapilot

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 8, 2010
San Francisco
I've read about using this in coop substrate (in my case, construction sand) anyone else use this product? It is apparently harmless to people and animals. Anyone here use this for their chicken bedding? Here are the listed benefits:

- One of the most trusted and effective antimicrobials on the market for use in all animal housings

- Stalosan F is a broad-spectrum product that creates an optimal environment for livestock and the people that care for them

- Scientifically formulated to prevent infection

- Protects against bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi

- Reduces ammonia and toxic gases

- Contributes to respiratory health

- Lowers moisture level creating a drier environment

- Lowers medication cost due to environmental related disease and illness

- Low dosage material - 1lb will treat 100 sq. feet

- 100% non-toxic to livestock and people

Hmmm, impressive history, no reports of negative side effects with usage over 40 years!

"By an adsorptive bond of the pathogens to the particles of the mineral-containing powder, Stalosan F in all probability causes a strong reduction of the number of germs (germ dilution) in the suspensions and on the surfaces of animal houses. The combination of the germ-reducing effect with the effects of absorption of moisture and the reduction of ammonia emission from the surfaces of animal housing qualifies Stalosan F as a highly valuable hygiene product."

http://www.bio-ag.com/products/misc/stalosan.html

Also, interesting ingredients: kaolin, phosphate compounds, active chlorine, perica oil, flow agent, salts of copper and iron

Would you use this product along WITH DE, or would that be overkill?

Please let us know how this works out for you. Thanks for posting about it!

Will do! :0) I'm not sure what DE is,, but my plan was just to buy a 50lb sack and use it (in the proportions recommended by the manufacturer) in the construction sand in my run and bottom of my coop.

Quote:

Bayareapilot, diatomaceous earth (DE) is practically REQUIRED if you have a backyard flock!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/se...ardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=9#1170

Check out the dozens of threads about it if my search parameter hyperlink doesn't work.
smile.png

I know this is an old thread but does nayone know where to buy Stalosan F in the US?

Back
Top Bottom