Anyone ever used Humidity Pillow?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peepsnbunnies, Aug 3, 2007.

1. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    I have seen many auctions for Humidity Pillows and wondered if anyone has ever used them? Do they help keep the humidity constant?

2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    What are they? Can you find a link to look at one?
    Never heard of them.

3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Several months ago I saw them on Ebay under "Hatching Eggs". I have been having a devil of a time lately keeping the humidity regulated in my bator, so I went to Ebay this morning and typed in "Humidity Pillow" so I did not have to scroll all through hatching eggs and it came right up. They sound interesting. I would like to hear if anyone else has used them and if it is worth buying.

4. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I'd really like to see a pic of it... it doesn't sound like much more than a glorified sponge to me.

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
  6. rachel

rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I bet it's like that green floral foam. I've never incubated eggs, but if they don't already have something like this in them, I think that would be a great way to keep humidity up. I know people that put a tiny bit of the floral foam in cigar humidors and it works very well and for a long time. Has anyone tried this with an incubator?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Haha, yeah, sounds like a sponge... too. An expensive one at that. Humidity is important, but as long as the egg loses enough water, it should be just fine. Just keep an eye on the air sac.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by