Anyone expecting a McMurray order that shipped today?

I have called every post office and processing plant in the area. McMurray doesn't ship them with tracking. They simply aren't here yet. Which is sad because several others in the forums here who live in Georgia and Florida got theirs today. I think they would have had a better shot by getting into a warm brooder and getting some food and water in their tummies today. I doubt I'll be sleeping tonight.
sad.png

Hi - I think you posted on my thread earlier. The sticker on my box that got delivered today showed 2/28. I wonder if that was the hatch date? The mailed on date?

Since you in Coastal Georgia (where exactly, if you don't mind me asking?) maybe it takes an extra day. I live in a suburb of Atlanta, and Atlanta is a major hub, of course.

Good luck!!!!! They should be OK!!!!!!!

Edited to add: I just looked closer at the sticker. The hatch date was 2/27 and they were sent Priority Mail. So I guess the 2/28 date was the date they were sent out.

Last edited:
Quote:
I live on Wilmington Island just outside of Savannah. Maybe that's the difference. You live near the hub. I called McMurray and they confirmed they shipped on Saturday. I hope they're here in the morning.

Quote:
I still don't get why I got mine and you didn't get yours this morning. I am about 1 hr 45 minutes from the Orlando (the nearest hub), so i would think I would be in the same boat.

I sure would love to know what routes and times they travel to get to us.

i got my order today!!!!! im in alabama so all yall ga and fl people should get them tomorrow. All were alive on arrival but one has died and i think one more will. Im very happy but i told them to substitute within my order but they didnt, it kinda bothered me but oh well. but they are all cute and i also have one week old chickens that are crazy and have fun knocking the others off the perch. its so much fun to watch.

i got my order today!!!!! im in alabama so all yall ga and fl people should get them tomorrow. All were alive on arrival but one has died and i think one more will. Im very happy but i told them to substitute within my order but they didnt, it kinda bothered me but oh well. but they are all cute and i also have one week old chickens that are crazy and have fun knocking the others off the perch. its so much fun to watch.

My order should be here tuesday from MM I have 10 buff rock hens 1 rooster 10 RIR hens 1 rooster 5 EE for the kids All of us are waiting for them to get here in SC

relax kezzie relax ... i had a mcmurray order that was supposed to come in last monday and they didnt make it until tuesday. my death rate was not good but mcmurray immediately sent out a replacement order. the replacement order was supposed to arrive today but im sure they will be here this tuesday as well. but sad to say i dont expect much survival rate with this snow we have had. but i will request another replacement order to be shipped in may i guess? but a piece of advice that helped me last week is ... leading up to the date of delivery prepare yourself to have a few dead ones. another thing you need to do is have a postal worker count them with you just in case you need someone to witness that there are some dead and as soon as mcmurray opens call them to let them know. they will take care of you they have been in business since 1917 for a reason
big_smile.png
smile.png
wink.png
tongue.png
lol.png
cool.png
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom