1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone, Experience with R-Com Mini Incubator

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sowellj, Sep 29, 2009.

1. sowellj

sowellj Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2009
    We just got a R-Com mini incubator. This will be the first time trying to hatch 3 rouen eggs. We are doing it as a class project. We received the eggs today and will be placing them in the incubator tomorrow. Has anyone used the R-com? How can you increase the humidity in this bator? Any information would be great.

2. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I have to R-Com Suro... but not the other one. Did it come with instructions, if not you might be able to get some from their site.

3. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
  4. sowellj

sowellj Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2009
    Tia,
    Thanks for the reply. I found the instructions but there is no information about what the humidity levels are during incubation. It will alarm if the water is low. I was wondering if you should add a sponge or something during the last days. The space is so small I was afraid of anything wet like a sponge touching the eggs.

5. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I am not sure on that one. What I have done is call the company that makes them if I have a question. They seem to be real helpful. I had a question about my Suro and I called R-com and they answered my question. I wonder if anyone on here has used that model. The company would certainly know though. Good Luck.

6. pogmobum

pogmobum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    U can only adjust the temperature on the rcom mini, i have on and they do sugest that if you wish to adjust the humidity for the last three days u can place the rcom on a wet towel to do the trick, i only joined the site 2day and relise this is late advice but hope it helps for the future :)

7. Baylor

Baylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2011
    you just need to set it for 28 days and remember at 25 days to put the tray in to stop the egg turning. it adjusts the humidity automatically. i have this one and the suro. good luck hatching!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by