Anyone Familiar with **COMPLEX MIGRAINES**?

Quote:
We usually keep a very regulated schedule, but I am keeping a closer eye on it these days. Trying not to focus on it every minute, but keeping track of possible triggers.

Quote:
I am so sorry that you get migraines too! I didn't realize how intense they were until this happened. It certainly sounds like you have had this type of migraine. Thank you for your insight and information. I appreciate it!

Quote:
Oh, English Chick, I am so sorry! Though I haven't had them myself, watching my daughter go through them is painful. I am so sorry to hear that you had one this past week. How are you feeling today?
hugs.gif

The way that you described it as "here" but not "here", is exactly how I would describe it. I am glad to know that it has been 10 years since your last severe one. That is encouraging to me for my daughter.

I suffer from the regular migranes. Mine are triggered by the weather and getting over tired. I get the disoriented thinking, sensitivity to light, sound, and smell. The nausous stomach, vision aroaras, and dizzyness. As well as the stabbing head pain. They can be very draining and take a couple days to recover from. Unfortunately, I have a feeling my 4 year old daughter suffers from them too.
sad.png
The headaches she complains about don't seem to be regular ones.

I certainly hope they can find something that will work for your daughter. Mine get bad but, what you discribe is terrible.
hugs.gif

I get migraines - and have had the complex ones...know what you want to say, but can't get the words out, couldn't feel my hands/arms. I tried a bunch of the prescription stuff, but nothing helped. I usually take the Excedrin Migraine Med, and go to bed as soon as I start having vision problems. When they start, I can be looking at something and there is a black spot where I am looking - with a "kalidoscope" of lights around the black spot. Another 10 minutes or so, I'm done - full blown headache. Sometimes lasts a few hours, sometimes a few days.

My 10 year old son has been having headaches - I am assuming migraines, but not sure. Had a CT scan last week, and have been referred to a pediatric neurologist to get an opinion. Just hoping we get it figured out soon. I feel for you, cause I'm going through it with my child too.
hugs.gif
...hang in there!

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, English Chick, I am so sorry! Though I haven't had them myself, watching my daughter go through them is painful. I am so sorry to hear that you had one this past week. How are you feeling today?
hugs.gif

The way that you described it as "here" but not "here", is exactly how I would describe it. I am glad to know that it has been 10 years since your last severe one. That is encouraging to me for my daughter.

Thank you for your kind words...today is Wednesday and I am feeling better, although the after effect has left me drained and with a normal headache which is bearable......I do pray that your daughter outgrows the real "baddies" normal migraines are bad enough to cope with. Is her trigger low blood sugar from being hungry ?......

Quote:
hugs.gif

You should speak with my daughter TSR, her youngest son suffers from the complex migrains and I agree they are extremly distressing.
His was brought on from a head injury when he was younger, he is almost 6 now.

he is taking an allergy med that seems to help,( dont ask me why but it does) I Im'd her your link to this thread , she should be coming in soon.

I suffer from cluster headaches, and have had a stroke- I have to leave for work, so I dont have time to read all three pages here.
I am subscribing to this thread and will post later tonight.

My sympathies and prayers for all who suffer that and similar head pain.

If it hasnt been mentioned yet- straight pure Oxygen (right out of the tank) can help stop a cluster.

Back
Top Bottom