Anyone familiar with fair entries in connecticut?

mbhoakct76

Chirping
13 Years
Apr 18, 2010
winsted, ct
We were interested in bringing a couple hens to the fair. In CT i know we have to have Salmonella pullorum test within the last year. But i cant find any info on completing that test, I have sent emails to the fairs but never got responces. So its $60 to $90 just to walk in any vets office around here, not counting the cost for blood collection or test. I am hoping theres a easier way. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Connecticut tests were very easy. Call the state vet, maybe a few times since she’s not usually in the office, so make sure to leave a message. She will come to you, do the pullorum test and the free avian influenza test. I got billed $7 total for her to come to me and test my one bird. Tests also came one day after being tested, the bill came about a month later

Connecticut tests were very easy. Call the state vet, maybe a few times since she’s not usually in the office, so make sure to leave a message. She will come to you, do the pullorum test and the free avian influenza test. I got billed $7 total for her to come to me and test my one bird. Tests also came one day after being tested, the bill came about a month later

Forgot to mention, the state vet is the only vet that can do the tests for you

Back
Top Bottom