SEBASTAPOL GOOSE IN ICU TONIGHT!!

Michelle_my_bell

Chirping
Jun 14, 2021
My baby is in the ICU for the night!!
Doc is not finding much, throwing this out there to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

My 3yr old Sebastopol goose was super lethargic today, did not react when I got close, walked away from me like he was a little drunk/slow/wobbly, both legs looked a little 'gray'/ashy, not honking at all just peeping a little, found him in his house in a corner facing the wall.
Rushed him to 24x7 vet, had multiple xrays of his lungs and gut, they did not find anything except an enlarged pancreas. His blood came back with elevated white count. They have him on antibiotics and keeping him in ICU overnight.
My main concern now is that they can't really tell me what caused it, so we sent the blood samples to LSU for more answers, I hope to hear back in 5-7 days; is this chronic? Will it affect his brother/contagious? Keeping an eye on his brother tonight and building a 2nd goose house so I can keep them separated for the next few days after Gus gets home tomorrow.

Anything I'm not thinking of? Anything sound familiar to anyone? Anything else I can tell my Doc to look/test for??

What doctor is this? I took my chicken to a 24 hour vet and they didnt know anything about chickens and made it worse. Maybe evaluate this vet before going further. I am sorry this is happening to you. I reccomend some google-ing. That saved my chicken.

What doctor is this? I took my chicken to a 24 hour vet and they didnt know anything about chickens and made it worse. Maybe evaluate this vet before going further. I am sorry this is happening to you. I reccomend some google-ing. That saved my chicken.
It's a bird and exotic pet animal hospital in Bothell WA, they come highly recommended by the breeder I got my geese from & several vets in my area. I have been with them for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom