Help, my goose is sick with a stiff neck

Update:
The first day I posted, we were able to get a fair amount of activated charcoal flush down him via a syringe. We also tried giving oatmeal with some brewers yeast in it. He was able to swallow a lot of the charcoal fluid once we could get it into his mouth.

Yesterday he seemed a bit better and able to move his neck more so, less lethargic.

However, the problem is that he is still not eating at all. He can drink with some difficulty, though he appears to have some trouble swallowing. Tomorrow will be the start of day 3 without eating. I’m worried he will die just of that. We’ve tried putting apple sauce into his mouth but he barely swallows.

What now?

Update:
The first day I posted, we were able to get a fair amount of activated charcoal flush down him via a syringe. We also tried giving oatmeal with some brewers yeast in it. He was able to swallow a lot of the charcoal fluid once we could get it into his mouth.

Yesterday he seemed a bit better and able to move his neck more so, less lethargic.

However, the problem is that he is still not eating at all. He can drink with some difficulty, though he appears to have some trouble swallowing. Tomorrow will be the start of day 3 without eating. I’m worried he will die just of that. We’ve tried putting apple sauce into his mouth but he barely swallows.

What now?
How does his crop feel
Empty or full ?
You can make his feed wet and tube feed him
I’m a bit worried about him not being able to swallow
I wonder if something is caught in there ?

Back
Top Bottom