Help, my goose is sick with a stiff neck

starfish845

Hatching
Sep 1, 2023
My goose, about 4 months old, is clearly sick. He is very lethargic, and the main noticeable problem is that he is not extending his neck. He is keeping it close to him (folded up for lack of a better term), as if he was resting/sleeping. He is drinking a little bit, and as he does so, he still can't extend it all the way. His poop is usually green but is white now. Balance is fine. I noticed he may have been shivering just a bit. Breed is Pomeranian with some Sebastopol mixed in.

The rest of the flock (one other goose, seven ducks) is still acting normal/has normal poop. Is it possible he ate something toxic? What can I do for him? Could I give activated charcoal? Does he need a dewormer? Should I try to find a vet?

They usually free range during the day and have access to a small stock tank.

My goose, about 4 months old, is clearly sick. He is very lethargic, and the main noticeable problem is that he is not extending his neck. He is keeping it close to him (folded up for lack of a better term), as if he was resting/sleeping. He is drinking a little bit, and as he does so, he still can't extend it all the way. His poop is usually green but is white now. Balance is fine. I noticed he may have been shivering just a bit. Breed is Pomeranian with some Sebastopol mixed in.

The rest of the flock (one other goose, seven ducks) is still acting normal/has normal poop. Is it possible he ate something toxic? What can I do for him? Could I give activated charcoal? Does he need a dewormer? Should I try to find a vet?

They usually free range during the day and have access to a small stock tank.
@Miss Lydia can help with the charcoal info
White poop for my birds usually means they haven’t been eating properly. So him not feeling well he may not be eating like he should
It kind of sounds like toxic but could be many things
I would do the charcoal

Back
Top Bottom