Anyone Familiar with this Breeder

I have ordered from Lancaster Fancy Fowl, I am local so can pick up but their birds are beautiful and well taken care of. I ordered four turkeys two guineas and two welsummer chickens. I'm also going to go back to get some light brahamas and Easter eggers. He usually has a waiting list so be sure to contact him with what you would like before ordering.

I just had some salmon faverolles from them. They sent extras, a few died on the ride but Iit looks like I will have one more than whati ordered. They chicks look healthy. John seems like a very nice guy!

Most of the birds that Lancaster Fancy Fowl has are not theirs, they are not breeders. They are a broker who contacts actual local breeders to buy chicks and then LFF resells them for a mark-up, that is why there is usually a waiting list.

I have friends who breed BCM's, Ameraucanas, Speckled Sussex. These friends specialize in these breeds and have reached show standards. LFF has contacted these friends trying to buy chicks because LFF had another buyer. When I had tried to buy chicks off of LFF, I was told that they had to locate some first.

Oh hhmmm I have been out to LFF farm and seen breeding pens with the various s breeds roo and hens so perhaps they just don't always have that breed available and reach out to try and fill their customers wishes?

Well I asked Lancaster Fancy Fowl about this and it is true....they buy birds from local NPIP certified breeders who meet their rigid criteria, but only when their stock is too low for them to fulfill their customers orders. I believe something similar may be posted on their website although may need to be reworded as to be clearer as to this practice. But I do believe that if you have any problems with any chicks you buy from they will stand behind them and try to make it right

Last edited:
Hi Tiffany, Thanks for clarifying this point for others. Also, we do not buy birds from just any breeder/hatchery when sourcing out to fill demand, but only from the most eligible breeders in our area and we have criteria that we go by when purchasing from others, such as their NPIP status and whether or not they are known to have good birds and a clean facility, the type of feed they use, etc. If anyone has questions about this feel free to contact me so I can provide a list of these breeders so you can check them out for yourself. We are an open facility as long as people keep their distance from our birds, we invite visits and tours so people can see our flocks and the conditions of our facility. Please feel free to visit us in person or our website: lancasterfancyfowl.com to validate my statements.
Blessings

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom