Anyone familiar with this color crossing?

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
9 Years
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
A week ago, my sneaky OEGBs decided to hatch out ANOTHER couple of beautiful chicks.....in the coop ceiling. :lol: This time, it's a different variety (since last babies turned out to be pure Crele). And after a little research, I believe them to be Silver Duckwing roo over Crele female. :) Does this seem correct? They're sex-linked.

#1 appears to be a Silver Duckwing female.
DSCN0961.JPG DSCN1270.JPG DSCN1254.JPG
#2 appears to be a Crele-type male.
DSCN0969.JPG DSCN0991.JPG DSCN1283.JPG
From what I experimented with, these are the results you'd get from specified parentage. :confused:

~Alex

Silver duckwing over crele female would give you silver duckwing females and silver/gold (which will appear silver) duckwing with barring males.

There's silver duckwing and gold duckwing.
Males can carry both silver and gold so some refer to the silver/gold males as "golden".
I don't care to as it can be confusing. Some will think a gold and a golden are the same thing. Also I've seen breeds where golds are called goldens so that doesn't help.

There's silver duckwing and gold duckwing.
Males can carry both silver and gold so some refer to the silver/gold males as "golden".
I don't care to as it can be confusing. Some will think a gold and a golden are the same thing. Also I've seen breeds where golds are called goldens so that doesn't help.
Thanks for the explanation. :)

Is it normal for silver/gold Duckwing (with barring) males to be warm-toned when young? The pictures cause his colors to show up grayer than in reality.
DSCN1012.JPG DSCN1004.JPG
~Alex

Is it normal for silver/gold Duckwing (with barring) males to be warm-toned when young? The pictures cause his colors to show up grayer than in reality.
He is only heterozygous(single copy of sex linked barring) for the barring gene so his chick down will not be diluted as homozygous barring males(double barring, two copies of the sex inked barring mutation)

Back
Top Bottom