Anyone from Greenville SC area?

Currently looking to move to SC but am running into problems with checking city/county ordinances. Does anyone here live in Mauldin or Simpsonville SC? I’m trying to figure out if I’m allowed to have hens? I know Greenville allows up to 8. Any help would be appreciated! Also, if you’re local, maybe we can be friends :) 🐓
Welcome to BYC!

Hi! I live in Greenville County (Berea area) but work in Simpsonville. I know quite a few people that in Simpsonville and Mauldin but not in the city limits of either that have chickens. As long as you are outside of the city limits of both municipalities you can have up to 8 hens. My biggest concern would be the HOA's.

Howdy chickengirl1, I live in the Five Forks area, so I'm close to both Mauldin and Simpsonville, but outside the city limits for both. There are several households in my subdivision that have coops. We have no official HOA, so the only rules we have to follow are the county's rules. Here's a link to the relevant ordinance for Greenville county (although it's from 2012, I don't think it's changed much since then, if at all): https://www.greenvillecounty.org/Co...2 Oct/Chicken text amend ORD REVISED 9 17.pdf

Subdivisions are sprouting like weeds all over the Five Forks area, so you might find what you're looking for over that-a-way. Just watch out for those pesky HOA rules, as a previous commenter mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom