Anyone from Missouri?

Gotta love winter, LOL
Missouri winter keeps you on your toes, that's for sure.
he.gif
I wish it would chose if it is winter or spring. This being real warm then really cold is starting to mess with me.

oh I know. It have not problem with it being cold. That's what winter is all about, but when it warms up like this not only does it mess with sinses, I have seen thing try and bud out only to wither at the next cold snap. It's not as bad as last year, but I still fret over my trees like a hen over chicks
fl.gif

oh I know. It have not problem with it being cold. That's what winter is all about, but when it warms up like this not only does it mess with sinses, I have seen thing try and bud out only to wither at the next cold snap. It's not as bad as last year, but I still fret over my trees like a hen over chicks
fl.gif

Yes, Not a good thing for fruit trees I guess

As long as it stays cold and the blossoms don't open it's not a problem. It's when we get a warm winter and the buds swell and get a late frost that kills the fruit.

K &L Alternative Livestock and Bird Auction
Yates Center, KS

March 1st and 2nd

Sale schedule - Consignments (as they come in) - All sale info can be found on the website: www.kramerlivestockfarm.com Go to the livestock sale page.

The largest animal auction of its kind in the area. Come and check it out.

Hello, Missourians:) I am here in Missouri also and just had my first hen go broody!!!! Is it to early for this? I figure we would be in mid march if I let her keep some of her eggs but wasn't sure if that would be warm enough for her chicks? Or do I keep changing out her eggs so they don't hatch, and let her stay broody. Totally new to this so any suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Hello, Missourians:) I am here in Missouri also and just had my first hen go broody!!!! Is it to early for this? I figure we would be in mid march if I let her keep some of her eggs but wasn't sure if that would be warm enough for her chicks? Or do I keep changing out her eggs so they don't hatch, and let her stay broody. Totally new to this so any suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Ok, Do you want to add to your flock ? If you do let her go. She will hatch them and teach them the ways of the world. If not just keep collecting eggs, She will get over it in a while. Are they fertilized ?

Yes they are fertilized I assume bc I do have a rooster who does his thing;) I wouldn't mind adding a maybe two or three more to my flock. I have been collecting eggs but this just came about this week. My concern is just if chicks can handle the cold weather with their mom?

Back
Top Bottom