Anyone from Missouri?

Hey just joined my names but noticed your thread so stopped in to say I'm in Southeast Missouri right above the bootheel. I have 25 (21 baby chicks arrived yestersay) Rhode Island reds and one RIR rooster and 2 that I believe are copper marans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a newbie here too! I'm 5 days into my first-ever-anything hatch with several dozen Coturnix Quail. I'm in the Sedalia area. Excited to find this forum and the loads of shared info!

We're I'm Columbia and got our first girls, Golden Comets, last year. We have 12 and just bought 6'Buff Orpington chicks last week. I learn something new here every day! Welcome!

Last edited:
Woo-Hoo!! More Sedalia people! Since my last post I ended up with a hatch of 47 Coturnix quail so I'm officially a quail farmer now, haha. It looks like I'm probably a few months away from a steady supply of quail eggs so if anyone in the area is ever interested in a few for hatching give me a shout!

You won't be sorry. We got our first girls last year from Tractor Supply (Golden Comets) and love them! This year we decided to add six Buff Orpingtons and TC didn't have them so we got them at Orscheln. They are going to be larger than our other girls and seem very affectionate (as affection as dinosaurs can be)! Love having chickens - love selling eggs. If I had known how rewarding it is, we would have done it sooner!!

Hello! I'm at Tipton. I was fortunate enough to get some Barred Rock hens for free and that started my love of raising chickens. We are building a chicken house now, hope to add pictures soon.

Hello fellow Missourians, just wanted to let everyone know about the Jacob's Cave Animal Swap in Versailles, MO this weekend. There are all kinds of poultry (as well as hatching eggs, garden plants, rabbits, goats, dogs...) for sale, as well as other items related to their care. We always have a good time (and I have gotten some awesome birds from there), so I wanted others to know about it also. Even if you don't purchase, it's fun to walk around and look at the different animals, and chat with others about their stock.

Check it out:

http://www.jacobscave.com/jacobscaveanimalswap.htm

:)

Back
Top Bottom