Anyone get Buckeye chicks from Meyer before?

I've been thrilled with every breed of chicken I've ordered from Meyer. All have been healthy and I've never lost one.

I'm picking up a few more chicks from Meyer on Monday, but I can stop buying chickens whenever I want, I just dont' want to yet
big_smile.png

I just love them. They were sitting all over my legs tonight when I was with them. Awwww---they felt so soft and warm!
smile.png
I also just sent for those rings from Randall Burkey so I can tell Ginger, Mac, Bunty, Babs, Nettie and Ginger apart. The first four names were lifted from "Chicken Run" because they are great chicken names. I added "Nettie" in honor of the breed's developer. "Gracie" came about because I have one bird that dawdles at bedtime until the other five are leaning out of the coop screaming for her to come up to roost. The first night I had to pick her up and put her into the coop. As I closed the door I said "Good night, Gracie" and accidentally created the sixth name that I needed. The colored spiral bands will tell me if if really is the same bird every night.

The birds were in perfect shape when I got them, obviously very well cared for. Not one pasty bottom. The Patchogue Post Office did a wonderful job of contacting me immediately which helped as well. I don't blame you for being hooked on chickens. People at work are fascinated by this and are always asking to see new photos of "the girls". (I work in a Health Department, and most of the other inspectors have degrees in Biology which tends to indicate an interest in such things.)

Back
Top Bottom