Anyone going to have eggs hatch in novemeber?

can I join ..
big_smile.png
I had set eggs today 17th
18 eggs aseel and mix
Of course you can join. Hope you have a great hatch :)

Only 8 more days til my eggs are due to hatch. It's getting exciting. The morning of thanksgiving before i leave I have to put them in lock down. Because I am unsure what time I'll come back home. Day after thanksgiving my nose will be on the glass of the incubator with me cheeping at the eggs. and telling them to come out of their eggs. LOL
It is so hard not to candle the eggs right now. I want to so badly. but i will wait til thanksgiving or night before to candle them and remove any that weren't fertile, or stopped early on.

This egg has veins and a TON of movement in it. It's actually a cracked egg. Was cracked to start with and I put nail polish on it. it's doing great.

blue egg. Not sure if anything is in it. It's air sac is detatched 9sorry for the blurry pic hard to hold a camera, light and egg all at once.

Blue egg with ring and movement.

Ring of death (light brown/red egg)

Not fertile? No veins still. Am going to toss it at lock down. It's the only one that i can clearly see in that is like that.

Blood ring with embro. Hmmmm not sure what to think on this one. Going to leave it in and wait to see what happens.

Dark brown egg, i can't really see in. Must leave in to find out if it hatches.

Why yes that is a smiley face on there. LOL Right behind the smiley face is an embreo that is doing great.

everybody in their egg turner

Incubator. The top thermometer is useless! it even says in the instructions not to use it for temperature. Hmmm what is the point of it being there? I don't know.
humidity is a steady 40% for the past few days, a few times it went to 35% other days it went as far as 50% Our weather is what is changing it i have NO water in there.
staying perfectly at 99.5 F

I'm starting to get my brooder playpen set up. :) found an old sheet to line it with. I need to cut and sew it so it will fit perfectly without any issues though. I don't need it to go all the way up or anything just far enough to hold the bedding.

last hatch of the year gone into lockdown 3 day count down
pop.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

YAY and really last hatch of the year? I'm planning to buy more eggs after this hatch to hatch even more. yes yes I am addicted to hatching eggs. I love it it's so great so fun. I love the baby chicks as well then the hand raised hens that let me pick them up and aren't scared of my dogs. LOL my hens actually will go up to my dogs while they are eating and take their food then run off with it.

YAY and really last hatch of the year? I'm planning to buy more eggs after this hatch to hatch even more. yes yes I am addicted to hatching eggs. I love it it's so great so fun. I love the baby chicks as well then the hand raised hens that let me pick them up and aren't scared of my dogs. LOL my hens actually will go up to my dogs while they are eating and take their food then run off with it.
they are so funny everytime i come out the house they run over to see what i have and follow me around the yard , i love hatching and see them grow , its not just about laying eggs to eat i love the hatch and babies just as much as getting that first egg . yes i am mad and im really finding it hard not to order more eggs
gig.gif
celebrate.gif

Here's the verdict- I am ashamed and quite embarrassed to say it but I must. All 3 of the remaining eggs were dead. None even made it past week 1 development. So hubby and grandfather were right, I was hearing and seeing things that weren't happening. :-( Today was day 30 and I couldn't stand them telling me there were no chicks in there so I started carefully cracking. Out of 6 eggs that we (I) started all were fertile and had movement at end of week 1 during candleing. EVERYONE saw it. I guess it was just my wishful thinking and hoping for chicks so bad that only I heard tapping and saw eggs moving after that. Turns out that the only chick that developed into day 18/19 was the one I killed on the 23rd day! Sentiments from the kids? "Your fault". Hubby has yet to rub it in.

they are so funny everytime i come out the house they run over to see what i have and follow me around the yard , i love hatching and see them grow , its not just about laying eggs to eat i love the hatch and babies just as much as getting that first egg . yes i am mad and im really finding it hard not to order more eggs
gig.gif
celebrate.gif

you should get more eggs. I mean you need to have some x-mas chicks.

Here's the verdict- I am ashamed and quite embarrassed to say it but I must. All 3 of the remaining eggs were dead. None even made it past week 1 development. So hubby and grandfather were right, I was hearing and seeing things that weren't happening. :-( Today was day 30 and I couldn't stand them telling me there were no chicks in there so I started carefully cracking. Out of 6 eggs that we (I) started all were fertile and had movement at end of week 1 during candleing. EVERYONE saw it. I guess it was just my wishful thinking and hoping for chicks so bad that only I heard tapping and saw eggs moving after that. Turns out that the only chick that developed into day 18/19 was the one I killed on the 23rd day! Sentiments from the kids? "Your fault". Hubby has yet to rub it in.
*hugs* It happens to all of us. We want them to hatch so bad that we imagine things. Like I have several with the 'ring of death" in my incubator (3 of them) two i swear there is movement in so they stay in the incubator. Am I crazy? No, it's normal to hope for the best. It's normal to swear there is movement and be the only one to see it.
the reason I leave them in there even if i'm the only one that sees it is because as a child i told my brother his female dog that was bought as a "spayed female" was pregnant cuase I could feel them move in her belly. he said it was gas and she was just getting fat. 2 months after i felt movement she gave birth to 7 healthy mix breed puppies. The scar on her belly wasn't a spay mark just a scar.
If I had said everyone was right and I was wrong she couldn't have been switched to puppy food for her pregnancy, she'd have been worked for herding the cows days before giving birth, and she couldn't have had a "puppy nest" built for her babies. I did all these things. So now when everyone says "it wont hatch" I revert back to they THINK they know but sometimes I have to go with what my gut says.

Back
Top Bottom