Anyone Goto the NC State Fair yet?

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I'm just dying to know what their chickens are like, and if I can get a good quality silkie there? I really really really would like to find one more good quality white hen or roo or both!

Anyone go and take pictures? Now that would be even better!!!

Whats there in general... I need to know if I need to spend the money to get in this week or if its even worth it?

I haven't been to the fair, but I do have a white silkie roo that may be something like you're looking for and he needs a home. I'm off work monday, and if it isn't raining, I'll try to get a few pictures of him if you'd like. I'm asking $6 for him and I live near Albemarle, NC - about 2-2.5 hours south of Raleigh (not near the coast).

Emily in NC

I am going next weekend but in past years they have had TONS of chickens show girls and other, and at the end over half of them go on sale. They also have pea-fowl and other ducks. Its a blast at the fair all be it a little crowded!

Quote:
You've never been to the State Fair?
th.gif
There are rides, food, exhibits, food, animals, food, things for sale, food, concerts, food, races & tractor pulls, food, contests, food, games... oh, and did I mention there is really yummy JUNK FOOD?
big_smile.png

If you go now and buy ride tickets you'll be paying twice the amount that we paid for ours by buying them in advance. That stinks, but if you want to go and save lots of $ then just go for the exhibits and shows -- there is plenty to do that doesn't cost anything other than the price of admission. I love the fair, I go every year!
smile.png

It costs us usually around 300 bucks to take 4 people, but I say its worth it. My brothers ride all the rides, I might ride a few, I get sick. But the ride tickets is where the money's at, and the food is kinda expensive but delicious!

I haven't, but can't wait to go! I'm almost surprised I haven't been yet even though it started Thursday.

I don't care about the rides, maybe play a few games, but mostly I want to see the chickens, cows, and all the exhibits. Oh, and of course eat the most unhealthy food I'll eat all year! It is expensive, but I think I usually get out cheaper than most since I don't usually ride or play many games... Just the food, and you can't go without having something!

P.S. At Subway (in Crossroads) the other day, they had $2 off coupons for the fair at the checkout, in case anyone was interested. What day is canned food day, btw?

The NC State Fair is definitely worth the admission ticket. We only do one pre-purchased ticket book worth of rides. I wouldn't do them at all if I didn't have a kid - they're not worth it to me. Parking is free at Carter-Finley, so if you've never been, don't let the pay lots you pass fool you into spending money you don't need to. The poultry barn, garden competition exhibit and horse show are my favorites.

Quote:
You've never been to the State Fair?
th.gif
There are rides, food, exhibits, food, animals, food, things for sale, food, concerts, food, races & tractor pulls, food, contests, food, games... oh, and did I mention there is really yummy JUNK FOOD?
big_smile.png

If you go now and buy ride tickets you'll be paying twice the amount that we paid for ours by buying them in advance. That stinks, but if you want to go and save lots of $ then just go for the exhibits and shows -- there is plenty to do that doesn't cost anything other than the price of admission. I love the fair, I go every year!
smile.png

HAHAHAHA... no I go EVERY year! I lived on Western Blvd and on Trinity Rd over the years... I'm TIRED of the fair. I could hear it from my apartment. I just never looked at the animals... I just went for food and rides all the time
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom