Anyone had a child break a bone and not bruise or swell?

I'm also a nurse and agree with NurseELB. It could easily be fracture. Depending on the type of fracture, swelling/not swelling is not a necessary indicator. Pain is the overiding symptom. Xrays are definitely in order. Good luck!

I've broken/fractured one wrist twice, the other once, my upper arm once, several bones in my hands, a couple of bones in my foot. I don't swell or bruise when they fracture, never have. I can feel the bone grinding a bit and as long as no ice gets put on it or weight they usually don't even hurt.

Just got back from the doctor. My hubby was in charge of taking him to the doc yesterday, and decided he was fine so he didn't take him. He fell this afternoon at school, and landed on it while he was holding it up against his body, and the school called...

Anyway, it's broken. A buckle fracture. He'll get a cast on Thursday. But he's fine, and was moving it around and using it almost like normal at the doc's office before his x-ray. Guess every person is different!

Nope never had a child with a broken bone.

It was me.

Broken left elbow, 1966, same.

Broken right leg, fracture of the tibia maybe, 1978, bruised swollen and hurt like heck.

Broken left foot, some metatarsal thing- a - ma - jig, 2006, black, blue, swollen like a basket ball

Broken right wrist, 2001, bad bad bad swelling and hurt worst than any fracture/ break I have ever had

Compression fratures to T-12, L-1, L-2, 2001, bruising all the way from shoulders to the back of my front. Curiously the pain in my wrist cancelled out or over powered any pain I felt from my back.

yeah, was gonna say I had the same dilemma with dd when she was 4. Her older brother decided he didn't want to be on the same side of the teeter totter and got off, kid on the other side was heavier and launched dd off. She cried but no bruising, minimal swelling...we took a few hours to decide because she didn't seem to be in a lot of pain. That night we brought her in, it was fractured
hmm.png
, coulda killed my son
somad.gif
for being bratty.
Thats a bummer about the cast, with summer coming....after a few weeks dd got a removable one so she could go in the lake. Fast healing vibes coming your son's way
hugs.gif

Ouch! Poor kid, he must have been in some pain!
So glad he went to the doc! Good call on taking him in!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom