Anyone hatching 20th or 21st? Hatch with me!!!

we candled last night and some of them didn't look like they developed but others still looked like there was a dark mass. didn't notice any movement. we put a new thermometer in there and i'm thinking our temps weren't high enough. I'm having to adjust it up and down now.

Jenny

Got a 10th pip out of 24. I slipped my hand in earlier to pull out the stuck chick *#9) and DH went to work with tweezers and a little warm water on a q-tip to moisten his membrane. He's still very lively and now has a foot sticking out. We're getting ready to pull the dry ones and pop them into the brooder and add some water to the tray.

(Edited to correct number)

Last edited:
Number 10 is out and drying. I had to help number 9 some more, he was really plastered in there and still has shell stuck all over him. Got the humidity back up, too.

Well, I think I am all done. Grand total of 34, if I did my counting right, they just wont hold still
jumpy.gif
I was so sleepy in the middle of the night I messed up my book keeping on who hatched and just gave up this morning when I noticed. I had the one bator due the 21st and the other the 23rd so that I would have a short break in between them and not have to keep track of two sets hatching at the same time ( I think I was marking down the one that hatched in the wrong book a few times last night). Well the ones due on the 23rd must have heard the others hatching and decided to come out and play
wee.gif
because they started hatching yesterday and finished today. There are still 7 eggs that I will leave for a day or two yet.
Congrats on everyones hatches!

18 eggs Cuckoo Maran eggs set, removed 1 at day 10 as it was clear. I have 11 hatched so far today, 4 more pipped and working, 2 more with no action and I don't expect them to hatch!

31406_1st_hatch_001.jpg

My hatch went okay. I set about 16 eggs. 8 from a BYC member and 8 from my own chickens.

Only 2 hatched from the BYC eggs and 4 (so far) from my own. Maybe I will have a late hatch or two today (day 22).

smile.png

Quote:
My last 2 hatched on day 23, so there's hope yet. I'm leaving the other 14 in just in case for a couple more days, but today is day 24 so I'm not expecting anything. Moved 9 and 10 into the brooder, the one that was stuck in the egg is wobbly but hanging on, I've named him/her Shelley.

wink.png

Back
Top Bottom