Anyone HATCHING?!?!? Newbie's and addicts WELCOME!!!! Hatch Calendar page 1!!!!

just set 38 eggs yesterday at 3 pm. eggs consist of rose comb brown leghorns, Rhode island red, and buff orpingtons. hopefully i get atleast 2 or 3 from each breed,being that this is my first ever hatch and all the eggs are shipped eggs.

Quote:
Perfect breeds for the job!!!

I had a silkie zip yesterday and it had about 2 more pecks before it released itself. Somehow it turned around in the shell and smothered
sad.png
poor baby!

Sorry to hear that...

Quote:

I had a silkie zip yesterday and it had about 2 more pecks before it released itself. Somehow it turned around in the shell and smothered
sad.png
poor baby!

So sorry for your loss Honey
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I had one do that a couple hatches back. It seemed to be zipping fine and when I went to take every one out and put them in the brooder it was at the back of the incubator gone
love.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Quote:

sad.png
poor baby!

Sorry to hear that...

Hi Darren
hugs.gif
love.gif
I hope your Holiday season isn't getting to crazy and you can find a little time to enjoy a peaceful moment or two
love.gif
hugs.gif

YEAH !!! I just hatched 8 silkies & 2 more pipping!
celebrate.gif
love.gif
love.gif
wee.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif

What cute little buggers!!
ya.gif

I will post pics in a little bit ~ going to take pics right now!

I also got 9 black marans out of 10 eggs, 4 Buckeye out of 4 eggs, 4 Barnies out of 5 eggs, and 9 Split Sussex out 16. All shipped eggs
woot.gif

I feel like a terrible chicky mama! I came home and found a egg zipped in the 2nd incubator. I missed the egg when I was moving the due ones over to the other incubator. It even had another egg sitting on top of it!! I helped it out since it was shrink wrapped.

Well came home to an incubator loaded with chicks. I transferred to my brooder. I had ten hatched with another three pipped.
No sooner did I transfer the fluffys when another one zipped and popped out. And now chick number 12 is zipping.

How exciting. So, assuming zippy makes it out it will be a 75% hatch rate. if the other pipped one makes it out it will be 81%

Here are the fluffys:

109066_chk03.jpg

109066_chk02.jpg

109066_chk01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom