Anyone HATCHING?!?!? Newbie's and addicts WELCOME!!!! Hatch Calendar page 1!!!!

Okay today is finally day 21. Whew, thought it would never get here. (despite me trying to rush it) I heard a peep. A few of them are rocking around pretty good. When they do come out I need to wait for them to dry before moving them to the brooder right? And do I really have to wait 24 hours before I can start touching them?

I don't wait a whole 24 hours, once they have all hatched and are mostly dry I go ahead and move them to brooder, sometimes this does take 24 hours because they don't all hatch at the same time, but that's just my opinion. Good luck!!
fl.gif

Okay today is finally day 21. Whew, thought it would never get here. (despite me trying to rush it) I heard a peep. A few of them are rocking around pretty good. When they do come out I need to wait for them to dry before moving them to the brooder right? And do I really have to wait 24 hours before I can start touching them?

No and No. As soon as mine hatch i take them out and put them into the warm brooder. All mine turn out fine. I don't like keeping them in there because they always find the water bowl and try to drown themselves. Plus they move all the other eggs around. What do you mean by touching? I mean you can pick them up to move them or whatever. I wouldn't be petting them or tossing them up in the air or anything for the first day. As soon as they dry out and get all fluffy you can touch them. Just don't get weird and creepy and constantly pet them until their fluff falls out.

I always give my peeps and chickens vitamins in their water. The peeps seem to gain weight faster than when I didn't do it and the adults I do just because. . . .

yes I also give mine vitamins and electrolytes in the water prob for the first month...I also put some apple cider vinegar...I use ACV in all my chickens waters no matter what age...and I do that every day.

I use rooster booster vitamins/electrolytes

I don't use vitamins for my chickens. I do keep polyvisol on hand in case of a weak chick, but feeding fresh chick starter should have all the nutrients that a healthy chick needs to thrive. I don't have anything to compare my babies to, but they seem to grow out nice and healthy for me.

Any pipping going on in your incubator, Hansen4211 ?

barnie.gif
I can't wait to be able to join you guys in hatching! We're still setting up the barn with electricity and getting our areas made for chicks and incubators.
he.gif
EEEEEEk! I want little peeps soooooooooo badly!
droolin.gif
Plus, I figure it'll be good for my little chicks
yippiechickie.gif
(kids) to learn (ooooh, bad word!) about my work (fun work) and interests.

Back
Top Bottom