Anyone hatching on the 27th?

Hi warmfuzzies,
I have five chicks now. The two golden laced cochin bantams hatched with no problems.
The two salmon/blue favorolles had to be helped out of the shell. They just got too tired.
The fifth is a giant cochin and suddenly he had his foot sticking out without even pipping! I was afraid he would suffocate since his beak wasn't out so I removed his shell too. All of them are fine and doing well.
The little one from yesterday is in with the chicks I had delivered monday and he is the same size and just as lively.
How are you doing? Any chicks yet?
Gina
smile.png

goldlacedcochin1.jpg

Yesterdays chick on the left. Gold laced cochin bantam
favorolle1_2orp_goldlacecoc.jpg

The two light ones are the favorolles and the "pile" of darker ones on the right are the gold laced cochin and the giant cochin which looks like it may be a blue.

Yes! I have one!! Yipee! My first ever incubated chicky!
jumpy.gif

It was so fast! I thought it would take longer! He was pipped all day, then suddenly, here he comes! It is a cross between my Buff Cochin hen and my dead partridge Rock roo. Looks very yellow, though.

I will try to get a good picture, but my camera isnt cooperating.

Here it is!

23023_100_4269_640x480.jpg

23023_100_4267_640x480.jpg

Last edited:
If you look in the incubator building thread, there are plans for building your own. It is called the miss Prissy incubator since it was designed and build by member miss Prissy. Very inexpensive to build and it works.
Gina
smile.png

Quote:
I had to help many of my Faverolles, too. It seemed like the eggs were dry or there was low humidity. I'm glad I helped them because otherwise I may have had only about four that hatched on their own. I have eleven total. More of them look like they're feathering out to be girls, too, which is a good thing, too.

OK, this hatching thing is really difficult isn't it? In my Hovabator which is full of eggs, I had a digital thermometer inside a weasel like most folks suggested because it was supposed to be more accurate for temp. The weasel died, leaked out all over the place and so I just put the thermometer in there without it. It is now reading 104. A second digital thermometer that was in another bator and was in a weasel had the weasel fail. Now that digital in the same incubator as the other one is three degrees lower. The accurite thermometer and hydrometer is reading 100.........The second thermo and hydro is reading a different humidity.
MY GOSH, is anything calibrated the same???
What are you supposed to do when every thermo you have reads differnt?? Every hygrometer reads different????
I thinK I am going to lose my last three eggs because the humidity was too high. I didn't realize that they will stick if the humidity is too high or too low.......
So, I am considering buying the Genesis digitally controlled them with forced air and trying that bator. Anyone have one?
Do you all have the same problems with different thermos and hygros in the same bator???
Gina
smile.png

i gave my wiggle to dd,
wink.png
it kept rolling off and jamming the turner
he.gif
the new ones are 7 in long!! that room where eggs could be , mine always read within a .3 degrees of the air anyhow

Back
Top Bottom