Anyone have a Black Splash Cochin x Silver Spangled Hamburg chics? Pics please :)

GemmaGA

Songster
Jun 11, 2020
NE Georgia (near Athens)
I hatched one of my hens eggs this year and I am fairly certain the hen was one of my Silver Spangled Hamburgs. My rooster is a black splash cochin bantam. I am interested to see if anyone else has any chicken offspring from this breed combo and what they look like? My bird I believe is a rooster and he has some very interesting feathers.

Thanks in advance!

Order of dominance of the e allele is Extended Black E >> Birchen ER >> e+ wildtype. The splash is Extended black and the Silver Laced is Birchen based so the chick will be E/ER, the chicks will hatch bluish

Mottling is recessive so it will not how up on this cross

The chick I hatched is primarily black with some feathers that look to be tan-ish with black on them. It has white eyebrows and a single comb - whereas my Cochin rooster has black eyebrows. Feet are feathered but it doesn't go up the legs like with the rooster that sired this chick - looks like it's wearing slippers. I will have to take a few pictures and post - it's a very interesting looking bird. I am assuming it is a cockerel because it has a bright red comb and wattles, but it's 12 weeks old and has not crowed at all.

The chick I hatched is primarily black with some feathers that look to be tan-ish with black on them. It has white eyebrows and a single comb - whereas my Cochin rooster has black eyebrows. Feet are feathered but it doesn't go up the legs like with the rooster that sired this chick - looks like it's wearing slippers. I will have to take a few pictures and post - it's a very interesting looking bird. I am assuming it is a cockerel because it has a bright red comb and wattles, but it's 12 weeks old and has not crowed at all.
Did you get the pictures?

Back
Top Bottom