Anyone have a BRINSEA HATCHMAKER?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by clothdiaperingmom, Jul 28, 2010.

1. clothdiaperingmom

clothdiaperingmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    Sweetwater, TX
    What has your experience been with it?

Hatch rates?

Ease of use?

Ease of keeping temps and humidity stable?

Anything of importance about this incubator?

Thanks so much!

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    You had me sold at the word Brinsea! [​IMG]

3. clothdiaperingmom

clothdiaperingmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    Sweetwater, TX
    Quote:Exactly what I was thinking. But was just wondering.
    I have one on the way that I bought on ebay. But Im really wondering what my hatch rates will be like. Lets just say, I didnt do well with the LG so I got a used hovabator. It gave me a couple decent hatches, now Im back to not doing well. So I ordered a new Brinsea Octagon 20 eco and have eggs in it right now (of which we are past day 10 and only 3 clears came out...awesome for me). I havent hatched anything from it yet.
    Anyway, I saw the hatchmaker on ebay and it didnt go for too awfully much. I was thinking its larger then the oct 20, so I could use it to set more then 24 eggs, or as actual hatcher.
    Im just afraid I will get the same results I did with the LG since its still air. Thinking I should have just bought another eco 20. But I will give it a try 1st!

4. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    So how did it work out for you, in the end? I'm thinking of buying one, myself.

5. matt1jsh

matt1jsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2013
    I've got one, and always had good results. unless incubating shipped eggs...

i never monitor humidity, just keep an eye on my water rings.

I also do not run it at 102.5 just above egg, but at 101.5 - 102.0

this allows for slight temp variations throughout day and night. otherwise a very good little box... just shame there is not turner available to fit inside...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by