Anyone have a clue what he is???

jade_softtail

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 14, 2009
Waverly, Ohio
Does anyone have any clue what breeds me might have in him? And he was also raised in a seperate pen with only one other rooster and when he was put in a pen with some hens he wanted to fight with them, even after awhile that's all he wanted to do. Since he hasn't ever been with hens, will he ever be able to be with hens? I would love to have some chicks from him.

42940_dsc04532.jpg

I named him Roy after Roy Orbison because of his sideburns...hehehe!!!
42940_dsc04534.jpg

Last edited:
"Fight" with the hens?? How odd. You sure he wasn't trying to grab 'em by the back of the neck, or comb, to mount 'em?

Oh, and I haven't a clue as to what he is other than REALLY pretty. Err, handsome.

Wow- lovely guy! He looks very similar to a wheaten ameruacana rooster- except for the leg color. If they said he was a cross- must be an Easter Egger. Hope he warms up to the girls for you!

jade_softtail,

Are you sure you have hens?

Are you getting eggs from the ones he is fighting with?

Its hard to tell for sure but some of the Black birds in the picture with him look to be young roosters.

Chris

I agree EE or EE cross

I also agree that the birds pictured with him are young cockerels.

If he is fighting laying birds - put him in a smaller area within the run, so they can meet thru the fence. Some hens will not submit to a new, young, inexperienced "boy" and will fight him until he proves himself. He might also never have any manners in regards to woo-ing the ladies, so keep an eye on him and do not put up with nasty behavior - for your girls sake.

Back
Top Bottom