We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Anyone have a pet skunk?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Oct 10, 2009.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Songster

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I have one . Got to keep it under lock and key though !!!!!

Mine is 8 weeks old and she acts liek a kittne,plays like a kitten and eats kitten food along with veggies , And she loves grapes

You can litter box train them too . There poop smells just like a ferrets .

They do have a smell to them though . Its no wheres close to the "skunk" smell . But as long as you keep them clean and give them a bath every once and a while (dont do it to much it dries out there skin and isnt good) they dont really stink

They come in all kinds of colors .

GET ONE !!!

2. breezy

breezy Songster

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    poultrykeeper08,
    Your signature says you have bats? What can you tell me about them? Always wanted one of those flying foxes...pretty cool creatures.

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Songster

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    They are pretty cool . Cant do much with them though . They come out at night . MIne are fruit eaters so they have afruity smell to them and attract fruit flies its kinds grose . I have them inside my house right now because i had to rebuild cages to suit them better and now my house has them and we have to bomb it . I know TMI LOL

they like to live with others so at least get 2 . i have a male and 2 females . the females are about to have babies . I just lost a mother who had a baby tried to bottle feed the baby and lost it today . But i have done it sucesfuly before

4. Troyerbuilding

Troyerbuilding On Vacation

Aug 30, 2009
    Hartville OH
    Quote:LOL you get them de-sented kiddo. [​IMG]
    and yeah..they do kill chickens..gotta keep them away from them, i guess.
    They say they make better pets than a cat..

How do you de-sent them?

De sent them? Sure, I used my compound bow once.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: