Anyone have a Pilgrim Goose or female gosling?

waxhawwebbs

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 4, 2008
I have a 2-year old Pilgrim gander. He lost his mate about a year ago and has become so sad. He just sits by my van and stares at his reflection all day. I do spend time with him, but obviously that isn't quite what he needs. We have about 50 chickens and 30 guineas on a 3 acre property surrounded by woods, so I am not looking to buy a whole flock of geese. I would be willing to buy up to 3 goslings as long as the female-male ratio was enough for him to have his own mate. He was devoted to the one he lost. I have contacted the hatcheries and all they are willing to send are pairs.
Thanks.

I was fortunate to find a breeder in my area through the American Livestock Breeds Conservancy, so am going next week to pick up a goose.
Thanks anyways!
LOVE your site!!!!

That's great news. I love Pilgrims. The only problem I have is my two Pilgrims aren't a "couple". The female fancies and Embden and the male fancies a Tufted Roman. So, I get mutts out of both. You should hear the noise they make when I try separating the Pilgrims from the Romans. It usually lasts about 30 minutes before I can't stand it and let them back together.

If you separate them where they can't see each other, then just walk away for about three days they will be okay. It is just living through the adjustment period that would be hard. LOL!!

waxhawwebbs, congratulations on finding another goose! Pilgrims are not easy to find.

DeAnna

Back
Top Bottom