Anyone have a red coop with a trim color other than white?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by MydearWatson, Jun 21, 2011.

1. MydearWatson

MydearWatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    Painted the coop red today! Looks great. We were going for the mini barn look but now the dh has second thoughts. He wants to see other color combos with red. Anyone have any photos they can share with us? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Google "chicken coop" for images and filter by colour. There's some pics here amongst all the red/white ones showing coops with brown, green or yellow trim.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, mine is in reverse, but I have a dark forest green with garnet red trim, so I think that a dark green would look nice. Maybe be sure it's dark enough not to look like a Christmas package, LOL.

[​IMG]

4. silkie101

silkie101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Plantcity Florida
    Quote:awesome coop [​IMG] you just gave me an idea of what colors i should paint mine [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Eggna Beaker

Mrs. Eggna Beaker Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    My number one choice is forest green but if you are looking at other options I really like contrast and trim is a great place to make a bold statement....I love accent walls for interior decorating but for the outer trim it may be a small area but it covers the entire building so the second choice.... My favorite for the deep red are colors with the same tone (deep). ..Blue, Green, Charcoal and deep rich yellow/gold.

6. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Is that the new coop or did you repaint the old one? Looks nice!!

8. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Dark chocolate, camel tan and dark pine green all look good with red.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Is that the new coop or did you repaint the old one? Looks nice!!

That is my original coop, repainted. Used to be a grayish green with white trim. [​IMG] The other two coops are still grayish green, but with the same garnet red trim now.

10. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:I haven't finished mine yet but I am painting the oustide and inside almond and I'm going to do red trim on the doors and all the accent pieces~ It will match my house... I'm even installing wood vinyl sheet flooring [​IMG] spoiled rotten chickens!!! [​IMG] Good Luck let us know what you decide!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by