Anyone have a solution

kelidei

~*Dances with chickens*~
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Northern Illinois
to really, really dry hands? I not sure where to post this but I am getting desperate--- all this chicken "wrangling" and constant washing of hands is causing serious issues for me. Has anyone found something that really works--- everything I have used so far feels good for about 15 minutes and then it absorbed and my hands feel awful again... Help!
barnie.gif

Old restaurant trick Rub evaporated milk into your hands every night. There is also an ointment called Utter Butter you can usually find it at the feed stores. Good luck.

When mine get really bad I resort to Vaseline at night. I rub it on and then put on some lightweight gloves and sleep with them on. It works for feet (sleep with socks on), too. If you can put some good lotion on every time you wash your hands it will help. I keep a pump lotion by my kitchen and bathroom sinks to try and remind me.

What have your tired? Have you tried utter cream? it is usually sold at farming stores. Also Mary Kay has a product for you hands at night but I use it on my husband's hands during the day because they get so dry. It really works. It now comes in unscented too so you don't have to smell it although I think it smells good. It is the extra emollient night cream and it only takes just a little. hope this helps

Emu oil
it has been the ONLY thing to help my hands. My skin on my fingers used to actually split because it gets so dry. A friend that works outside year round told me to get some. I did and will never go back. The bees wax cream I now use on my lips. It is good, but not as good as the oil

Back
Top Bottom