Anyone have a source for native tree seeds or seedlings?

1cock2hens

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jul 2, 2015
My tiny house in Powell Missouri
For several years I've been turning my property from 15 acres of hardwood forest to a few acres of forest and prairie. I've been getting rid of some oaks, elms, and walnut trees and I'm trying to source some native fruit tree seeds and seedlings to diversify my property.
This leads me to my question. Does anyone have a good source of native tree seeds or seedlings they could recommend. Years ago I orders fruit trees off ebay and they did not send me what I ordered so I'm not ok with getting seeds or seedlings from ebay/ etsy/ etc.

Mainly I'm looking for plums right now, I would like to plant a dozen different kinds, but I'm also looking for more pawpaws, pecan trees, persimmons. Also blueberry plants.

I'm in missouri, zone 7.

For several years I've been turning my property from 15 acres of hardwood forest to a few acres of forest and prairie. I've been getting rid of some oaks, elms, and walnut trees and I'm trying to source some native fruit tree seeds and seedlings to diversify my property.
This leads me to my question. Does anyone have a good source of native tree seeds or seedlings they could recommend. Years ago I orders fruit trees off ebay and they did not send me what I ordered so I'm not ok with getting seeds or seedlings from ebay/ etsy/ etc.

Mainly I'm looking for plums right now, I would like to plant a dozen different kinds, but I'm also looking for more pawpaws, pecan trees, persimmons. Also blueberry plants.

I'm in missouri, zone 7.
I found this as our extension office did the same for us in Wisconsin. Yours is nicer though.

https://extension.missouri.edu/medi...Missouri_Native_Plants-DebraRainey-screen.pdf

Back
Top Bottom