Anyone have a square foot garden?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
That's exactly what we do, we make sure it's a large container and then let it go from there. We have had many yummy melons for our container plants, cantaloupe and watermelon, this will be our first try with squash in containers though.

I am hoping to use cold frames over raised beds. I have to wait until we get the new coops built so the temporary coops/runs can be moved out of the way. I guess I will have rectangle foot gardens, lol.

Quote:
That's exactly what we do, we make sure it's a large container and then let it go from there. We have had many yummy melons for our container plants, cantaloupe and watermelon, this will be our first try with squash in containers though.

Thanks I might give it a whirl.....When you say a large container maybe one of the really large flower pots, 2' tall by 18" at the top?

Thanks! The math was really giving me a headache. Between trying to figure out Mel's Mix and figuring out the materials we will need to build our new run I was driving myself nuts!

I'll take ya'lls advice and just come up with a mix that feels right for us. I can't wait to get these boxes filled. We've found a permanent home for them and now I'm antsy to get started. I might pick up some soil sometime today. If not, I might just wait until this weekend when my husband can help. Picking up multiple bags of soil while being 33 weeks pregnant with a 3 year old and 1 year old in tow just does not seem like a lot of fun....
hmm.png

I plan on starting a few more seeds indoors today. I accidentally killed our last seedlings by leaving them outside while we had an overnight freeze, oops!

I love to see all the pics of the gardens, keep em coming!!
big_smile.png

Quote:

Thanks I might give it a whirl.....When you say a large container maybe one of the really large flower pots, 2' tall by 18" at the top?

That's about right, no less than 5 gallons of dirt but the more the better! We use the huge terra-cotta pots and add a organic material and a bit of organic fertilizer nad you get yummy juicy melons!

Quote:

That's about right, no less than 5 gallons of dirt but the more the better! We use the huge terra-cotta pots and add a organic material and a bit of organic fertilizer nad you get yummy juicy melons!

Great! This pot would be at least a 5 gal or better! I will give it a try! If you remember let us know how the squash does.

Back
Top Bottom