1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone have an idea on a electronic thermometer (temp guage) in the coup?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by jimmywalt, Sep 6, 2013.

1. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    My coop is 4'x4'x4' with 5 hens. We started this spring with 5 little chicks. So far I've made an automatic coop door, an automatic feeder and an automatic waterer. I also installed 2 wifi web cams that I can watch from a computer or phone.

I'm thinking about winter coming up and am curious about maybe installing a thermometer. I'd love one that either I could see via my webcam (But I doubt the resolution of the cam would work), or one that somehow I could electronically monitor via my phone or computer. I'm cheap, so I don't want to spend much.

Anyone have one in your coup or have any suggestions on this? This winter I'm going to be curious how cold the coup gets in the middle of the night here in Michigan.

Thanks!

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by