Anyone have any experience w/Collic in horses????

Guys, this thread is almost a year and a half old, there is no longer any need for the o.p. to be preventing the horse from rolling
wink.png
(And it is OK if colicky horses lay down as long as they will stay still).

(e.t.a. - and, not to be overly rude, but what do you think the chances are that the post that has resurrected this thread, which is the poster's very first BYC post, is directing you to a site that is NOT either infested with malware or at least just trying to shill up hits for advertisers? Sheesh)

Pat

Last edited:
Hi,

If I understand correctly, the previous post expresses concerns over earlier posts 29 and 30.

Reference post 29, this one was by myself. I am an experienced horse owner, also breeding horses and keeping horses in pension, so I know a bit more about colic than the average person. I posted the reference for the benefit of other people coming accross the thread in the same way as I did. In particular, I found some of the earlier posts to be not only incorrect but in fact the advice offered is contrary to what most vets would recommend (e.g. use of pain killer prior to determining cause of colic can make diagnosis and treatment much more difficult). Being new on the block, I didn't feel I could offer criticism but did feel I could post a link.

Reference post 30, I agree entirely with the advice given. This advice could easily save some horse from dying of colic, as walking helps clean the intestine (not always, but sometimes) and preventing a horse from rolling is absolutely critical. I think that people will realise that this is applicable to a horse in colic, and does not apply a year later.

Back
Top Bottom