Anyone have any idea on the breeds or gender of these chickies?

BlueVelociraptor

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
England
They are four weeks old, eggs were labeled as mixed pure breeds.

Oddish, Mudkip, Shinx and Lucario.
5669705727_694f63ec93_z.jpg

Here's Shinx, who is the easiest to handle,
5669696695_9b079c904a_z.jpg

5670280408_8f81bab405_z.jpg

Oddish, who is mostly white with random grey feathers in the wings and tail, also has quite a few feathers on the feet.
5670262066_4baa797bb5_z.jpg

5670287206_0cbbb2a303_z.jpg

Mudkip, who really dislikes being handled.
5669676369_3fa7f4a311_z.jpg

5670285876_60be1c713a_z.jpg

Lucario, who is very friendly, (mudkip is on the left of the first photo)
5669686747_7d0de0c350_z.jpg

5669682805_76683388fa_z.jpg

thank you for any help! :)

-the guinea pig run was just temporary so I could take pictures of them close together-

Last edited:
Lucario looks like a barred rock roo

Oddish is a roo?

Shinx is a pullet

and mudkip is just cool.

But those are just guesses. But I think Lucario is pretty spot on.

I like Oddish and Lucario for roos. I can't tell you anything about the breeds though . . . they look pretty mixed up. But what pretty birds! I think the mixed ones are the prettiest sometimes. Nice pics, and neat names. I might have to steal some of those . . .
wink.png

Not too sure but-
Shinx- Speckled Sussex (no experience with the breed)? and pullet
Oddish- No idea, and roo
Mudkip- Silver-laced Wyandotte? (again no experience with the breed), and pullet
Lucario- Barred Rock roo

Lucario is a Barred Rock, he could be a girl, his\\her pattern is that of a female and it looks like he\\she has round neck feathers indicating a pullet. Oddish might be a leghorn or a delaware, I think its a cockerel. I think that Shinx might be a speckled sussex pullet. Mudkip could be a SLW, again probably a pullet. Cute chicks
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Actually that is a coloring of a male. The females have more black, the females are black with white stripes and the males are white with black stripes. Someone on here has a very good example photo.

ETA: I will get a picture of my BR pullet tomorrow and you can see the difference. And are far as the feathers, they don't get the pointed shiny feathers for a while.

Last edited:
thank you for all help :) I really hope Oddish isn't a male though, is everyone pretty sure? ):

ICallMyselfCherie' :

Nice pics, and neat names. I might have to steal some of those . . .
wink.png

aha thanks, they're named after pokemon
smile.png

The only one that looks like a roo to me is Lucario. Looks like a barred rock. His comb and wattles give him away. I agree that Shinx looks like it might be a Speckled Sussex pullet. Oddish looks like a Cochin pullet to me but I don't have much experience with the breed. Mudkip looks like a pullet but I'm not convinced it's a Silver Laced Wyandotte. It's feathering doesn't look like mine, the legs are black, and the comb is single. SLW's can have a single comb but the standard is rose. Their legs, however, are yellow like their skin.

Quote:
Actually that is a coloring of a male. The females have more black, the females are black with white stripes and the males are white with black stripes. Someone on here has a very good example photo.

ETA: I will get a picture of my BR pullet tomorrow and you can see the difference. And are far as the feathers, they don't get the pointed shiny feathers for a while.

Oh, okay. I thought he looked more black than white though, but you're the one who has had experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom