Anyone have asthma?

Well here is the update. DH read all these posts and is taking his asthma more seriously. He went to the doctor and they put him on QVAR, ProAir HFA (albuterol inhaler), Singular, and sent him home with a new nebulizer and Albuterol sulfate 2.5 mg. He is doing much better and the doctor has set up an apt. for him with a pulmonologist. I am so thankful to you all for your posts. He is taking his meds. like he is supposed to even though he hates meds. especially ones he is supposed to take daily but is taking them YAY. I don't even have to remind him. LOL he is being such a good boy about it.

Thank you all

Great!!! Hopefully if your not already, you will soon see an improvement in his condition. He already has lost use of so much of his lungs it would be a same to lose more when he can control the asthma.

My nephew is a level 4 asthmatic he was hospitalized 3 times this summer in the PICU twice. They have him on 4 times the adult dosage of asthmex sp? and singular and prednisone and nebulizer 3x per day on a good day every 2 to 3 hours if bad day. His mother is a non vaccine mother he had his but his siblings are not as there is a long family history of severe reactions to vaccines as well as built up allerigies to antibiiotics, needlesss to say when you see your son laying there not sure if he will make it or not, he was is a coma for 2 days the first time you choose to medicate whatever it takes. I myself would rather not give my sons antibiotics my sons pedi know this she will tell me go home and baby him with steam baths and rubs or that he truly needs antibiotics. If you find a good doctor make sure you tell him about your husbands fear of addiction and I am sure that he will work with you and your husband on this if the doctor is not willing and does not explain why he is not willing then find a new doctor.

He has some improvement but we were told by the doctor that it would be a couple of weeks to see the full effect. I am just glad he can breath. I was getting so worried. I told him I am not ready to be a widow with 6 young kids and that he needed to do all he could to take care of himself. I told the doctor about how he has not taken care of himself and the doc. gave him a good scolding LOL I was glad. I hope he dose get addicted to these meds. ( they are not addictive LOL) Then he will take them no matter what. I am just so relieved that he breaths. I used to wake up all hours of the night to check on him. It scared the poo out of me.

I'm glad to hear all is going well. My guess is your hubby will get "addicted" to being able to breathe without pain and fear. The suffocating feeling of asthma is horrible, and it must be such a relief for him not to be feeling it every day. I'm happy for you.

Back
Top Bottom