Anyone have Black Star pics?

mom2jedi

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
San Diego, CA
Are black stars the same as black sex links? I don't have them yet but am planning to get them from My Pet Chicken in about a year (as well as a couple different ones) and the picture they have is more of a sketch than a photo. They look like they have the coloring of an BA but are more slender. More like a RIR I think.

I asked a poster if she would send me a pic of hers and hers had brown feathers as well as black. Do all of them have brown feathers?

Shauna

Yes, a black star is a black sex link. Typically, the hens are black with (varied amounts of) red in the hackles, and the roos are barred.

Mine is jet black w/ a wonderful green to purple sheen with just a few little reddish feathers on her breast.

Thank you so much for the descriptions! That helps a lot. Sounds like if I want a pure black one, I should go with an Australorp.

yeah, but the sex links are cuties. Mine are the most friendly little babes. One (dot) is all black with white dots in the corner of her eyes and a randon white wing feather. Dash is black with reddish chest and zip is black with a bit of red, but mostly black.

I HUGZ them everyday. i tought they would be for meat but now they are babies! lol!

Back
Top Bottom